1. Would you rather be alone OR surrounded by enemies for the rest of your life?
I like my own company; so, alone. I am indeed solitary by nature in many ways.
2. Are you an early bird OR a night owl?
Night owl. I used to be an early bird. As part of my sleeping disorder manifested itself (the part that puts me into REM sleep very late in the sleep cycle, not the part that is the sleep apnea and treatable), my sleeping pattern changed to what it is now.
3. When sick, do you prefer to be pampered OR left alone?
Leave the food right over there please and now go away. The worse thing: having company when throwing up. The best thing: I rarely throw up.
4. Do you believe in the relative OR the absolute truth?
I don't know. And I remain unconvinced that anyone, including all the philosophers, really do know. Perhaps there is a bit of both without any one statement belonging to both at the same time.
5. Which is worse, the Burning Question OR the Painful Truth?Neither. Both must be faced up to and wrangled with. It is better to question than not to question for out of a question comes possibilities (and sometimes an answer or two). And it is better to know something unpleasant (like the state of one's health or one's relationship) than to live a lie or a fiction. Knowing implies ability to take some sort of action that is meaningful and direct. Deceit leads to plastic living and missed opportunities.